Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the world has adjusted the way we do everything- work, school, activities, events… essentially, how we live now is completely different than a year ago. Suffice to say it’s been mostly unpleasant, but until a vaccine is available, we’re all looking for ways to acclimate to our ‘new normal.’ Quarantining is ideal and wearing a mask is practically mandated, but these precautions have limitations as not everyone may be able to implement them. That’s why social distancing continues to be one of the best ways to lessen our exposure to the virus and flatten the curve. However, with more and more companies, offices, churches, restaurants, venues and establishments reopening and constraints slowly lifting in phases, communicating your individual needs during social and public interactions can prove challenging and uncomfortable. But it doesn’t have to be... thanks to silicone wristbands!
Whether generating awareness, fundraising, marketing/promoting, memorializing, or gift giving, custom rubber bracelets fulfill many different purposes. But a new trend has recently emerged: using silicone color-coded wristbands as quick, visual indicators of someone’s comfort level during social interaction. The concept is simple: similar to a stop and go light, wristbands in green, yellow, and red silicone are worn to signify and convey that person’s social distancing preferences. For example:
- A green color-coded wristband may indicate that person is okay with being approached at shorter distances, possibly less than 6’. Some green bands may also specify if an individual is consenting to physical contact, with some even welcoming handshakes or hugs.
- A yellow color-coded wristband may indicate that person is cautious and would like their space respected at a minimum distance of 6’, sometimes more. Some yellow bands may also specify if an individual is fine with some physical contact that’s not necessarily direct, such as an elbow bump or air high-five.
- A red color-coded wristband may indicate that person is being extra vigilant with their social distancing and prefers more than 6’ of space- no direct contact, no exceptions.
The silicone bracelets in particular have proven effective social distancing solutions as they are:
- 100% non-allergenic silicone (lead & latex free)
- Comfortable & durable
- Reusable (wear your band indefinitely or until you move into a different color phase)
- Waterproof, heat & chemical resistant
- Economical for both small & bulk orders (unlike traditional jewelry, silicone costs a fraction of the price, with some only mere pennies per unit)
The ‘traffic light inspired’ coding system was implemented since it’s fairly universal, and with the model gaining more and more momentum, many customers are opting to leave their silicone bracelets blank in an effort to receive them quicker. As such, we stock over 25 band colors in our most popular ½” bandwidth that are ready to ship the same day (for orders placed before 3pm CST). But don’t feel obligated to use green, yellow, or red bands; we offer a variety of customization options in all our silicone styles. If you’d rather print, deboss, or emboss the bands with a message, graphic, or phrase conducive to your social distancing preferences, then you can pick whichever band colors you like! We have over 100 different colors and patterns to choose from including solid, segmented, swirl, and glow-in-the-dark. This is often the case with couples getting married; many of them prefer for their guests to wear bands that match their wedding scheme (they’re also dual-purpose as they make memorable wedding favors/keepsakes!) Educational institutions also like to go this route- selecting bands that coincide with their school colors- so that students, staff, and visitors alike can express their school spirit while still feeling safe & secure.
Silicone wrist bracelets and keychains can be personalized and ordered from our website within minutes, but if you have a custom request that you can’t achieve via our online design tool (ex: multiple ink colors or specific Pantones [PMS], varying width measurements, precise formatting/placement of artwork, etc.), our Wristband Resources Customer Service Team is here and ready to assist. They can be reached directly via telephone (888-256-0816), email (email@example.com), or LiveChat, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm CST!