RFID Bracelets for Events
RFID is truly transforming the way attendees experience events. Furthermore, it is changing the way events are being organized and improved upon year after year. By adding a technological component to the event experience, organizers can collect valuable data that can be used to add further value the next time they host an event. For attendees, RFID bracelets for events allow them to enjoy the experience through added convenience. This article discusses the benefits of using RFID technology at your next event.
How does RFID technology work?
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) is composed of two parts: tags and readers. Readers are devices that emit radio waves and receive signals from the tags. RFID tags, on the other hand, use radio waves to communicate data to the reader. Passive RFID tags are the most common type of tag found at attractions and events. The reason, primarily, is that they do not require an internal power source. Instead, they draw power from the reader during the scanning process. This is also why they have a lower signal range than an active RFID tag, which requires an internal power source. It is also the lack of an internal power source that makes passive RFID tags a cost-effective option.
RFID Scanning Process
- Data is stored on a tag. This data is typically inputted by the user of the RFID wristband and can include payment information, admissions data, and a general profile of the user.
- A reader’s antenna acknowledges the signal of the nearby tag. This initiates the connection.
- The antenna connects to the reader and then collects data stored on the tag.
- The Reader sends the data to a database where it will be stored. This happens in a blink of an eye.
Benefits of RFID Bracelets for Events
#1 Reduce Fraud
It is much easier to lose your ticket or admission pass if it isn’t attached to your wrist. Furthermore, traditional methods of validating admission don’t give you the tools to uniquely identify each of your attendees, making it extremely difficult to counterfeit. Should an attendee lose their bracelet, you can quickly deactivate it and issue a new one. This prevents the wrong people from entering your event.
#2 Go Cashless
Building off of the first item on this list, you can continue to make your event safer by eliminating cash payments. Using RFID bracelets, you can instead store payment information on the RFID chip inside the band. This decreases the likelihood of theft, both from you and your guests. Instead, attendees can simply scan their bracelets to complete their payment. Your guests will appreciate not having to pull out their wallets every time they want to make a purchase.
#3 Reduce Lines
The thing I like most about using RFID bracelets for events is the reduction in wait times. Instead of relying on an employee to scan your ticket, guests can scan themselves in using their bracelets. Sure, your entry points should still be manned by a staff member to ensure nobody is trespassing. However, you probably won't require as much manpower at each entry. Not only that, but RFID scanners can also manage re-entries for multi-day events. This technology not only reduces wait times for event entry. It also reduces wait times for attractions and concessions.
#4 Increase Engagement
RFID bracelets offer additional value to event sponsors. Attendees can engage with brands almost effortlessly. With a simple tap of their wristband, attendees can enter raffles, join competitions, and more. Your sponsors can collect data from your attendees in a way that is not intrusive and takes minimal effort.
#5 Enhanced Insights
As an organization using RFID bracelets for events, the most valuable asset you can derive from this technology is data. Using RFID, you can analyze the actions and movements of your guests (but not in a creepy way). Using this technology, you can answer the following important questions:
- Which entrances are most trafficked? By knowing where people are most likely to enter your event, you can determine where staff and equipment should be stationed. For instance, if you have three entrances and one of them accounts for 60% of your traffic, it makes sense to set up additional RFID scanners to help guests enter the event faster. It would also make sense to have additional staff at that entrance to provide support as needed.
- How many times on average are your guests re-entering the event? Once you answer this question, you can begin to answer additional questions, such as why your guests are leaving in the first place. Perhaps they are leaving to find refreshments elsewhere, in which case you could reconsider the pricing of your concessions. Or maybe your guests are stepping outside to unwind or get some fresh air—are there aspects of your event that are overwhelming? Is your facility too warm, or have poor ventilation? By answering the initial question, you can begin to make improvements to your event.
- Can we make improvements to the layout of the event? Events, such as music festivals, that have a variety of different attractions (booths, vendors, stages, etc.) require in-depth planning. With RFID bracelets, you can begin to understand the foot traffic of your guests. This will help you better plan the layout of your event in the future. For instance, say you have an attraction that consistently draws the attention of your guests and gets lots of traffic. However, this popular attraction is far from your concessions and requires guests to leave in order to find refreshments. Knowing this, you can accurately assume that moving your attraction closer to the concession area will increase sales.
RFID Wristband Materials
Here at Wristband Resources, we offer a variety of different wristband materials so you are bound to find the right product for your event or attraction. The following are our offerings.
Tyvek® RFID Wristbands
Tyvek® wristbands, often referred to as paper wristbands, are made from durable and recyclable DuPont™ Tyvek®. Available in ¾” and 1” sizes, these bands are tear, stretch, and water-resistant.
Plastic and Vinyl RFID Wristbands
Plastic and vinyl RFID wristbands offer comfortable single-use bands for events. Available in numerous sizes, these bands can fit any wrist without fear of falling off.
Cloth RFID Wristbands
Our cloth RFID wristbands are perfect for events that last multiple days. These bands are soft and comfortable. They are also easily customizable so you can add a personal touch to your bands.
Silicone RFID Wristbands
Silicone wristbands, often called rubber wristbands, are the perfect reusable solution for access control. Commonly used in seasonal pass programs, gym memberships, and apartment buildings, these bands are latex and lead-free and can be worn in the water.
Get a Quote Today
Ready to order RFID wristbands? You have come to the right place. Here at Wristband Resources, we pride ourselves on the quality of our products as well as the speed at which we produce and ship your order. To get a free quote, fill out the form below!